LostParadisio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LostParadisio

A forum for just about anything. Video games, art, music, television ... we got it

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All the free art programs I know

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldsnowman
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

All the free art programs I know Empty
PostSubject: All the free art programs I know   All the free art programs I know Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Also a journal in my Sheezyart, but I may as well post it here:
No GIMP and Opencanvas 1, because everyone and their father knows of those two.

Pixia
Pixia is a Japanese drawing program. I don't like it as much as most other programs, and it is a little counter intuitive. I do like the pen smoothing though.

Artweaver
Artweaver is somewhat like Corel Painter (I'll argue that the creator yanked Corel's graphical user interface) only it's free. It emulates traditional media without sacrificing layers and filters. Fun stuff.

Nekopaint
Nekopaint is a Japanese art program that comes in a folder which you run directly from instead of installing (the exe is a little city shaped icon). Some of the commands are Japanese but they're easy enough to get the gist of it. iI haven't figured out all the settings yet but so far its lines are incredibly smooth (think Sai lines, if you guys have heard of it). Click the first link to download the program. When you open it up it will prompt for a code but just click cancel. After thirty days the program might wig out on you, but what you can do is just delete the old folder and get a new one (CLEVER HUH).

Paint.NET
I haven't tried this puppy yet but I have heard good things about it (and bad things, but that's with every program). It looks like Photoshop, and has been compared to other commercial software.

Artrage
Artrage is very good at emulating thick paint media. There's a free version and a standard version that's very cheap. Unfortunately the free version's very limited, but it was fun playing with it.

Feel free to pass this to your friends.
Back to top Go down
Chartalon
Omega
Omega
Chartalon

Character sheet
Roleplaying info: Mystical Creature

PostSubject: Re: All the free art programs I know   All the free art programs I know Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:24 pm

Hmmm~
I think I'll try some of these.
Back to top Go down
+Silent_Quinax+
Head of Staff
Head of Staff
+Silent_Quinax+

Character sheet
Roleplaying info: Mystical Creature

PostSubject: Re: All the free art programs I know   All the free art programs I know Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:07 pm

i do own PS 7, and GImp but im gonna try out art Weaver, seems intreasting ^^
Back to top Go down
KenoIScrazy
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
KenoIScrazy

Character sheet
Roleplaying info: Human

PostSubject: Re: All the free art programs I know   All the free art programs I know Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:04 pm

I don't like Gimp that much but paint.net is good Smile
i do own PSE 5 XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.kenoiscrazy.deviantart.com
Mix
Delta Fighter
Delta Fighter
Mix

Character sheet
Roleplaying info:

PostSubject: Re: All the free art programs I know   All the free art programs I know Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:01 am

GIMP is my expertise <3
Haha, I probably fail at PS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the free art programs I know   All the free art programs I know Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All the free art programs I know
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LostParadisio :: Entertaintment :: Art-
Jump to: