LostParadisio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LostParadisio

A forum for just about anything. Video games, art, music, television ... we got it

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A popular Mary Sue?

Go down 
+4
Chartalon
Erin
Rooke
Felixk
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Felixk
Admin
Admin
Felixk

Character sheet
Roleplaying info: Animal

A popular Mary Sue? Empty
PostSubject: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:29 pm

Eh, I kinda just noticed that www.sonicrocksmysocks.sheezyart.com is a popular Mary Sue. ^^; I mean, in her flashes, all the guys love her and all the characters think she's awesome. =\\\\ I think the only reason why people don't flame her or anything for her Mary Sue-ing is because she's good at flash.

But ... that's just how I see it. ^^;
Back to top Go down
https://lostparadisio.forumotion.com
Rooke
Staff
Staff
Rooke

Character sheet
Roleplaying info:

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:07 pm

She is good at flash, i love what she has mostly for the flow of the animation and the upbeat songs. =) I did notice she's definitely a fangirl, but she seems to be sincere and honest about her love for the popular anime. Not to mention she's old enough (at 20) to know (or she should, at least) that her character is very fangirlish.

There's a line people draw, i think, regarding mary sues and fan characters/ fanfic. If the art is good, one can feel comfortable giving artistic merit to it. If the art is mediocre, art purists and critics will attack the fandom of it all. It's hit or miss, i think.

I'll be honest, if she didn't have such great flash skills, i'd not pay her another glance, just brushing her off as "another one of THEM", but her FP flash, the 5th anniversary one, really lifted my spirits out of the gutter, and i give huge kudos for that. Anyone who can make a piece of art that affects my mood dramatically like that deserves artistic merit. =)

For that, i can overlook her fangirlish tendencies and possible mary-sue-ness.
(Then again, i haven't talked to her, so i don't know enough about her to draw any real opinions on her as a person)
Back to top Go down
Felixk
Admin
Admin
Felixk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:49 pm

I think it just comes down to me being a guy. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Rooke
Staff
Staff
Rooke

Character sheet
Roleplaying info:

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Gender-specificity?

Explain this to me. xD
Back to top Go down
Erin
Delta Fighter
Delta Fighter
Erin

Character sheet
Roleplaying info: Undead

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:39 am

I think it'd effect you more if you were a girl.

JEALOUSY AT ITS FINEST.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Delta Fighter
Delta Fighter
Erin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:41 am

But honestly, even if someone had good art, I wouldn't pay them any attention if they were annoying as hell. Which probably includes this person; and not to mention, I don't like Sonic very much so I probably wouldn't pay any attention to her anyway.
Back to top Go down
Chartalon
Omega
Omega
Chartalon

Character sheet
Roleplaying info: Mystical Creature

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:07 am

It's true that she is kind of a Mary Sue.
I fully agree, but she is not the type that the flamers hate.
Back to top Go down
Mix
Delta Fighter
Delta Fighter
Mix

Character sheet
Roleplaying info:

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:33 am

xD Haha, sometimes I can find Mary-Sues funny
You know, the ones that have absolutely EVERYTHING
Like (random example, harry potter?) "ZOMG LIEK SHE'S AN ANIMAGIUS, A GRYFFINDOR, HALF WEREWOLF HALF VAMPIRE, SHE MAKES THE BEST GRADES AND ALL THE GUYS WANT TO DATE HER BUT SHE'S TOO BUSY PLAYING QUIDDITCH FOR THE WORLD CUP OH AND SHE'S INVENTED HER OWN SPELLS AND POTIONS BUT PROF. SNAPE TRIED TO RAPE HER" *dies from typing that out*
I like when the characters actually fit in really well, and things aren't always "oh happy magical rainbows" where they have everything, everyone loves them, and nothing ever goes wrong; where they might have ONE thing unique, and only a FEW people LIKE them, and things go wrong like normal.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki no Tenshi
Staff
Staff
Tsuki no Tenshi

Character sheet
Roleplaying info: Human

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:31 am

lol two exeptions to being a Mary-sue. xD

1) Good at art (REALLY GOOD)
2) Uberly popular
3) "Mature" age

How sad indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://tsukinotenshi.sheezyart.com
Mix
Delta Fighter
Delta Fighter
Mix

Character sheet
Roleplaying info:

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:53 am

I once entered a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu contest on DA XD
I drew a Death Note one, he was always stalking L and Light.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Delta Fighter
Delta Fighter
Erin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:44 am

I think the only exception would be good at art. You can't get popular unless people hate you or people like you and the only way they'd like you is your art if you're like that. Age has nothing to do with it; coming from a forum of flamers. Everyone is fair game.

Most of the time, art doesn't even have anything to do with it. The only reason someone would like someome like that because of art is because you're sucking up or tolerating it, basically.

Another exception, but I can't see how it'd be widely accepted, is looks.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Delta Fighter
Delta Fighter
Erin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:49 am

Mix wrote:
xD Haha, sometimes I can find Mary-Sues funny
You know, the ones that have absolutely EVERYTHING
Like (random example, harry potter?) "ZOMG LIEK SHE'S AN ANIMAGIUS, A GRYFFINDOR, HALF WEREWOLF HALF VAMPIRE, SHE MAKES THE BEST GRADES AND ALL THE GUYS WANT TO DATE HER BUT SHE'S TOO BUSY PLAYING QUIDDITCH FOR THE WORLD CUP OH AND SHE'S INVENTED HER OWN SPELLS AND POTIONS BUT PROF. SNAPE TRIED TO RAPE HER" *dies from typing that out*
I like when the characters actually fit in really well, and things aren't always "oh happy magical rainbows" where they have everything, everyone loves them, and nothing ever goes wrong; where they might have ONE thing unique, and only a FEW people LIKE them, and things go wrong like normal.

Oh god this takes me back to girl scout camp.
There was a whole two-week session of doing Harry Potter crap for Harry Potter fans and for my CIT training, I had to watch over them. I got into a fight with one of them because I thought Harry Potter was ridiculous and she tried to fight back by getting all the other girls to testify that she sounded just like Hermoine and then she started reciting quotes from Harry Potter and I'm standing there like " .. :\ That's horribly pathetic" and she walked off all steamed up and the rest of the girls hated me. It was the best week of my life.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Delta Fighter
Delta Fighter
Erin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:46 pm

Felixk wrote:
Eh, I kinda just noticed that www.sonicrocksmysocks.sheezyart.com is a popular Mary Sue. ^^; I mean, in her flashes, all the guys love her and all the characters think she's awesome. =\\\\ I think the only reason why people don't flame her or anything for her Mary Sue-ing is because she's good at flash.

But ... that's just how I see it. ^^;

User Not Found. ):
Back to top Go down
Felixk
Admin
Admin
Felixk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Rooke wrote:
Gender-specificity?

Explain this to me. xD

Well, me being a guy, some of [or most of] her works involve some ideas of love with anime guys and video game characters. So ... yeah, just doesn't appeal to me, ya know? silent
Back to top Go down
Celtaine
Staff
Staff
Celtaine

Character sheet
Roleplaying info: Were

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Felixk wrote:
Rooke wrote:
Gender-specificity?

Explain this to me. xD

Well, me being a guy, some of [or most of] her works involve some ideas of love with anime guys and video game characters. So ... yeah, just doesn't appeal to me, ya know? silent

There ya go she isn't a fool-proof mary sue then is she, if she doesn't appeal to everyones tastes. Then she's not so perfect.

proving that we all have our faults, and we all have our strengths. Just some are more obvious than others I guess. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kiwi Tang
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

Character sheet
Roleplaying info:

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Oh. Her. Hahahaha, I remember that someome I watch on Deviantart did something...somewhat inappropriate, but hilarious with that "CaramellDansen with Kylee" thing. I lol'd so hard at it.

But yeah, she's a total Mary Sue. Guh, Sues are so common.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A popular Mary Sue?   A popular Mary Sue? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A popular Mary Sue?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LostParadisio :: Entertaintment :: Other stuff-
Jump to: